Whether you’re new to online casinos or you’ve already tried your hand at some gambling, choosing a good option can be a daunting task. The virtual lobby of any good iGaming platform has a variety of online slots, roulette, blackjack, craps and many other gambling games https://www.kingbilly.com/en-CA/games/top_casino_games .
Although slots are the most hyped games, they may not be the right games for you. Big jackpots and simple game rules may be tempting for first-time gamblers, but there are many other things to look out for. So, read this post all the way through to get an idea of how to choose the best casino games online.
Choosing the Chance Games
When you think of chance games, online slots and roulette probably come to your mind immediately. Being very popular gambling options, they draw crowds at Canadian online casinos. Since the industry knows hundreds and even thousands of different online slots (and several dozen varieties of roulette), choosing the right one can be difficult.
How to Pick the Right Slot
Any online casino is home to several hundred slots varying in game structure, themes and other things. To play casino games that provide a truly immersive and rewarding experience, choose them with the following tips in mind:
- Pay attention to the RTP. In simple terms, RTP is the percentage of wagered funds used to build a slot prize pool. For instance, let’s say you’ve chosen a slot with an RTP of 96%. This means that for every CAD 100 players spend on betting, CAD 96 will be taken for the prize pool. Without going into too much detail, the higher the RTP, the more profitable the online slot is.
- Volatility. You may have noticed that some slots pay less frequently but with higher payouts, while others pay more often but with lower cash prizes. Volatility is a parameter that predetermines both the frequency of payouts and their size. The higher the volatility, the less often you will land winning combinations.
- Bonus features. Originally, online slots were just about symbols and combinations. Modern titles boast plenty of bonus features such as re-spins, Walking Wilds, Shifting Reels and more. However, real-life experience shows that extras such as Free Spins and ‘Gamble’ are still the most lucrative in terms of payout potential.
Finally, find out if there are any bonuses on the slot of your choice. Having a few free spins as a gift from an online casino can reduce the strain on your gambling budget.
While Canadian online casinos offer many variations of roulette, such as auto roulette or mini roulette, beginners should focus on three of the major ones:
- European. Being the basic version, European Roulette has a wheel divided into 37 sectors and a house advantage of only 2.70%.
- French. This version is a more advanced variation of European Roulette, as it introduces two additional rules (‘La Partage’ and ‘En Prison’), which work like insurance for your bets. Due to these features, French Roulette has the smallest house advantage.
- American. With a 38-sector wheel and a 5.25% house advantage, this version is the riskiest but offers bigger payouts on some bets.
If you are new to roulette, we recommend starting with the least risky Outside Bets covering groups of numbers on the wheel. Although they offer fairly low payouts, the risk of losing your bet will be minimal.
Skill-Focused Online Casino Games
If you don’t want to rely solely on luck when playing casino games, there are a few options that you will definitely enjoy – check them out below:
- Poker. It’s a terrific card game where you’ll benefit from your ability to think strategically. However, if you are new to poker, it will not take long to master the game. You can start with video poker which is a perfect symbiosis of an online slot and poker game.
- Blackjack. Being a game of skill and strategy, blackjack draws crowds in Canadian casinos. The goal of the game is to accumulate a hand more valuable than the dealer’s (without going over 21 points). While the element of chance is still present, with a good grasp of basic strategy, you’re likely to achieve some notable blackjack results.
- Baccarat. Visually similar to blackjack, baccarat has a slightly different mix of skill and strategy in terms of how they affect game results. In simple terms, baccarat is a game of chance, where thinking strategically is still important, but matters less than in poker or blackjack. Baccarat can be a better choice for beginners to skill-focused casino games.
You can also try your hand at dice games such as craps. However, keep in mind that craps – like roulette – is also a game of chance, where your success depends largely on your betting choices.
Choosing the Best Gambling Destination
While some Canadian online casinos have only slots in their game catalogue, there are advanced gambling websites with a diversified gaming portfolio is among them. MGA-licensed Canadian-friendly gambling platform, which operates in strict compliance with all applicable laws. is very popular among Canadian gamblers and there are several reasons why:
- Nice design with an eye-pleasing theme and user-friendly interface.
- A large game catalogue including both online slots and many different versions of roulette, poker, blackjack and other games.
- A section of live dealer games providing a more authentic gambling experience.
- Quick and secure financial transactions and support for payment methods convenient to Canadians.
- Round-clock support with responsive specialists.
In addition, boasts a packed rewards program with a welcome package, regular bonuses, and incentives designed for loyal gamblers. Most bonuses are subject to low wagering requirements, which is a real boon for gambling enthusiasts on a limited budget.