Defending Jacob is an American crime drama mini-series is written and created by Mark Bomback. The show made its release on April 24, 2022, and since then, it has clearly managed to gain positive responses and impressive ratings. The show concluded its first season recently and the result of the season 1 has cleared out some paths for the second season despite the conclusion. This article will be able to give you all the latest information and news regarding the Defending Jacob Season 2.
The major cast that featured in season 1 is highly expected to reprise their roles in season 2. It includes :
- Chris Evans as Andy Barber
- Michelle Dockery as Laurie Barber
- Cherry Jones as Joanna Klein
- Jaeden Martell as Jacob Barber
- Pablo Schreiber as Neal Loguidice
- Betty Gabriel as Pam Duffy
- Sakina Jaffrey as Lynn Canavan
- Daniel Henshall as Leonard Patz
- Ben Taylor as Derek Yoo
- Jordan Alexa Davis as Sarah Grohl
- Megan Byrne as Joan Rifkin
- J.K. Simmons as Billy Barber
- Patrick Fischler as Dan Rifkin
- Poorna Jagannathan as Elizabeth Vogel
- Hale Lytle as Matt McGrath
- Liam Kilbreth as Ben Rifkin
Plot and Episodes Count
The story of Defending Jacob is originally based on the highly acclaimed novel of the same name written by William Landay in 2012. The story revolves around a DA agent whose world turns upside-down the moment he came to know that hi 14-year-old son is charged with murder. It shows the struggle of Andy Barber as he gave his all in order to protect his son and defend him.
Season 1 covered almost all the points given in the novel by William Landay. Hence it is difficult to predict the plot of the second season. It is possible that the second season will feature a currently new story.
Defending Jacob Season 2 Release Date
The show hasn’t been renewed till date for the second season. If the news of its renewal comes, then we can expect season 2 to be released around 2022 or 2023.
Any information regarding the release date and the renewal will be available on this website as soon as it gets official.