Numerous blackjack betting systems have emerged in recent years, all intending to provide players with a more efficient plan to increase their winnings. These can be used in various online casinos such as Fanduel.com.
Yet no betting system is quite as effective as the Martingale System.
This is one of the oldest betting strategy systems in the gambling industry and is named after an 18th-century gentleman named Henry Martingale who promoted the use of this system in casinos.
Whether you’re new to blackjack or a more experienced player, you need to know about the pros and cons of using the Martingale system in Blackjack.
What Is The Martingale System?
The Martingale system is one of the most popular blackjack systems out there because it is so simple to use and understand. The general idea using this strategy is that nobody can lose all the time.
It is a negative progression betting system that is based on the concept of doubling a stake if you lose and decreasing the bet to its original size if you manage to claim a win.
With the Martingale system, it truly is just a small matter of adjusting all bets accordingly to follow a set plan. The primary concept of this betting system is that there is very little chance that you could lose multiple consecutive hands.
You are bound to win at some point and, when this happens, your bet will compensate for any previous losses.
How It Works
The Martingale system is a trade off which means you are trading a brilliant chance of winning for a worse defeat if you end up losing.
As you know, the Martingale system requires players to double their stake every single time they lose a game. To give you more of an idea about how this system works, we’ll provide an example below.
If a player sets their first standard stake at $10 and loses a game, their next bet will be $20. If you lose again, you will need to pay $40, and so on. This sequence will continue to progress until the player wins a hand.
After winning a hand, players will get to enjoy the profit of one unit. This simply means the size of the starting stake that was made. It means that players will not have as much of a profit as other betting systems.
Why Use It For Blackjack?
Blackjack is a good game to use with the Martingale strategy. Not only does it offer a pretty decent house edge compared to games like roulette but can also offer greater long-term profits. This will only occur if you avoid the insurance bet and play using the optimal strategy.
To use this system in a game of blackjack, all you need to do is double your initial stake when you go bust or end up losing to the dealer. If you win a hand, your stake is set to its original value.
Pros of the Martingale System in Blackjack
Before you start using the Martingale betting system, there are a couple of pros and cons that you need to know about.
There are quite a few major pros associated with using the Martingale system in a game of blackjack. We’ve included these below for you to take a look at!
- You can protect yourself from massive deficit losses by using this type of betting approach in blackjack. You can also easily recover using a small wager tactic.
- Short-term betting is an absolute breeze while using the Martingale system, especially if you are planning to play blackjack for only a couple of hours at a time instead of longer periods.
- The Martingale strategy generally makes any blackjack game far more interesting for all of its players. Despite this, the edge that the casino has over its players will stay unaffected. Truly, it is a win-win situation!
- If you continue doubling your bet whenever you lose, you’re bound to recover the amount of money that is lost while also improving your net winnings. Using this strategy as an experienced online casino player will increase your bet.
- The Martingale betting system allows you to stay in control and quit while you are ahead. All wager limits are set before the start of the game and, if cashed in when the limit has officially been reached, may save you from depleting your bankroll. As a result, it is easy to quit your session after facing consecutive losses and resume it another time!
Cons of the Martingale System in Blackjack
Although the Martingale betting system in blackjack looks appealing and is pretty easy to use, it does have quite a few pretty big flaws that need to be considered. Again, we have highlighted these for you below.
- It is a pretty risky betting strategy to adopt as it can cause you to lose all of your money in little to no time.
- Some online casinos set restrictions on the maximum amount of betting available on tables and online slots. If you’re losing, you won’t be able to increase your bet after hitting the cap.
- You must begin with a pretty big bankroll. If you don’t, and you wind up losing consecutive hands, you’ll likely find yourself running out of money quickly which will leave you in a bad position where you cannot make another bet.
- This system does not always consider some blackjack moves like doubling down or splitting. And if you were to ignore either of these moves while playing a game of blackjack, you will be unintentionally stacking the odds in favor of the house!
To put it simply, the Martingale system is one of the greatest and most straightforward systems to use in a game of blackjack. Not only is it pretty easy to follow but its rules are relatively simple, making it a very applicable system for experienced and novice players. It also offers pretty good rewards for its players.