Norsemen, with Game Of Thrones theme, with a sitcom twist, won each of the viewers’ hearts. The Netflix comedy series is about Vikings from around year 790, from a village named Norheim. Norsemen’s also known as Vikingane(Vikings), was released in Norway, but because of its hype, later released globally.
With its absurd comedy, written by Jon Iver Helgaker and Jonas Torgersen, Norsemen did a pretty good job with an average of 87% rotten tomatoes for all seasons, and 7.8 on IMDB.
Plot for Norsemen season 4:
The season is about Vikings from around the 8th century, dealing day-to-day life and conflicts with humorous moments. As the series advances, the tribe confronts disputes with ruthless neighbors like Jarl Varg and Rufus.
As season 3 was a prequel of the first season, there is no clue what season 4’s story will be. Will it be a whole new story or a flashback from the past.
- Kåre Conradi as Orm, husband of Frøya
- Silje Torp as Frøya, Orm’s unhappy wife
- Henrik Mestad, as Chieftain Olav, as the leader of the village.
- Marian Saastad Ottesen as Hildur, Olav’s wife.
- Nils Jørgen Kaalstad [Wikidata] as Arvid, the chieftain’s second-in-command.
- Trond Fausa Aurvåg as Rufus, the actor from Rome who befriends Orm and plans to modernize the village
- Øystein Martinsen as Kark, a freed slave who has voluntarily returned to his life as a slave
- Jon Øigarden as Jarl Varg, a rival chieftain
- Kristine Riis as Liv, a farmer’s wife whose husband is killed by Arvid in a duel, so that Arvid can marry her and own the farm
- Bjørn Myrene as Torstein Hund, Varg’s right-hand man.
There might be some new characters added as of a new plot. We’ll keep update on that.
Release date of the season 4:
Neither NRK1, the Norwegian T.V. channel nor Netflix have announced anything about the developments of season 4. But the global success of the season, as The New York Times, listed Norsemen in the top 10 best international T.V. series in 2019, and best for the Decade. It might be a motivation to push their minds harder.
Also, at MEA WorldWide, the creators stated, “but we could not let go of the urge to tell the story that led up to season one.” So there might be some possibility of releasing the 4th season of Norsemen.
If we see the pattern of the past seasons, every season takes a year to release in Norway and more than five months to be on Netflix. And if things go right, we might be able to see season 4 in September 2021.
Read more: The 100: Will There Be Season 7?