It’s been a massive year for Monica Aldama. The coach of the Navarro College cheerleading team became an overnight sensation after the documentary series. The series “Cheer,” which profiles Monica highly successful program, appeared on Netflix. Since then, the University of Texas graduate and mom of two has become an international celebrity. They appear everywhere from as a guest on “Ellen” to a cast member of “Dancing with the Stars.”
Monica Aldama headed from the cheerleader mat to the ballroom. The loved cheer coach from the superhit Netflix documentaries is ready for ‘DWTS’ season 29 to be Monica’s next big win.” Monica has practised for a week and a half, and to be honest, I’ve never worked this hard in my loved life. I’ve learnt so much(a lot ) in such little time, although I’m still working on that technique,” Aldama posted as an update. The update was on her “Dancing with the Stars” involvement on Instagram last week. “Monica is thankful for the opportunity to have this journey, and I’m soaking in every bit of it.”
Monica Aldama Five key things you should.
1. Monica became a household name after the release of the Netflix docuseries Cheer.
2. She has coached the Navarro College cheerleading team for vast 25 years. Navarro College now holds the record for the highest score in history at NCA College Nationals. Monica inducted into the Navarro College Athletics Hall of Fame in 2019.
3. Monica happily and in love with her married life with kids! She is married to handsome Chris Aldama. They have two kids together: Austin and Ally.
4. Monica initially didn’t think she’d be a cheer coach. Monica saw herself as the CEO of a company in NY, according to her Hall of Fame bio.
5. Monica Aldama is close to so many of her cheerleaders over the years. She is always posting photos of Navarro College cheerleaders past and present. Monica calls her cheerleaders “beloved family.”