The famous British sitcom Derry Girls is ready to return with its season 3 after the successful completion of two seasons. Hat Trick Productions is the producer of the series penned and created by Lisa McGee. The scene of the show is purely in Derry, Northern Ireland in the 1990s. Fans are highly eager and already on the edge of their seats, waiting for Derry Girls Season 3.
The series received great appreciation from the audience as well as the critics. Also, it received nominations for several awards for its outstanding work and success.
The winners to be announced Friday 31 July. pic.twitter.com/ps2P3R6XJ6
— Hat Trick (@HatTrickProd) June 8, 2022
Derry Girls Season 3: When will it arrive on TV?
Season 1 of the show was broadcast on Channel 4 in January and February 2018, and the second season followed in March and April 2019. Derry Girls Season 3 was supposed to release sometime in 2022. Though there is no confirmed release date when the series might air, we believe that it might air at the earliest. There are chances that it will air in mid-2021. Also, we hope that the trailer might drop soon.
However, the series might face a delay as its production had to be suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Plot of the series:
The plot of the show focuses mainly on Erin and her life as a teen. Erin lives in Derry with her family that consists of her parents and a younger sister, Anna. Also, her aunt and her cousin reside there along with her maternal grandfather, Joe.
Erin, her cousin Orla and friends Clare, Michelle, and James, navigate their teen years as we see them attend a Catholic girls’ secondary school.
What do we expect from Derry Girls Season 3?
Derry Girls Season 3 will continue to give glimpses of the lives of the five friends as they deal with the problems of teenage. Also, James might depart from Derry to help his mother out.
The filming of the series takes place mainly in Northern Ireland. Most of the scenes are filmed in Derry and Belfast.
Meet the characters of the show:
The primary characters of Derry Girls are:
- Saoirse-Monica Jackson, as Erin Quinn – She is an ambitious girl, but sometimes she bothers herself too much by thinking how others consider her. Also, she has a humorous and sarcastic nature that drives her to trouble many times.
- Tara Lynne O’Neill as Ma/Mary – A disciplinarian woman and mother of Erin. She desires best for her family and does not tolerate any attitude or trouble from Erin.
- Tommy Tiernan as Da/Gerry – Erin’s father. He is a calm man who is very loyal and protective of his family. He holds an unspecified job and is often at uneasy terms with his father-in-law.
- Louisa Harland as Orla McCool – Maternal cousin of Erin. She is very quiet and seems to like her solitude. Also, she does not care about people’s judgments over her and loves to invade the privacy of Erin for the sake of fun.
- Nicola Coughlan as Clare Devlin – One of the best friends that Erin has. She influences her gang to act sensibly. In season 1 finale, Clare comes out as a lesbian.
- Jamie-Lee O’Donnell as Michelle Mallon – Another best friend of Erin. She is quite a wild and disobedient child. She often creates trouble for herself and her friends. Also, drugs and alcohol highly attract her, and she has almost no respect for anyone, including her own mother.
The other characters include:
- Dylan Llewellyn as James Maguire – Maternal cousin of Michelle
- Kathy Kiera Clarke as Aunt Sarah – Mother of Orla and Mary’s sister
- Siobhán McSweeney as Sister Michael – The headmistress of the school where the girls study
- Ian McElhinney as Granda Joe – Father of Mary and Sarah
- Leah O’Rourke as Jenny Joyce – The perfect one of the girls’ school
The popular sitcom will soon return with a new season Derry Girls Season 3. We do not have many details about the upcoming season yet. But we hope that it will return with the same level of humor and thrills in the lives of teenage girls.