When it comes to choosing lights, one gets confused between strip lights and LEDs. Some people think that they are pretty similar. However, that is not true. Both LED and strip lights have some differences, and in this article, we will discuss them in detail.
It is essential to gain some knowledge regarding lights to make a perfect choice. Some people often forget to research well and later regret their decision. If you don’t want to put yourself in such a situation, you must know some things about both options.
Nowadays, it has become more convenient for people to buy various types of lighting products. You can explore many online stores and websites that provide high-quality products. But the thing is you might get confused about which website you should choose. Now, you don’t have to worry. You can visit www.lepro.com to find excellent quality strip lights for your home. The best thing about strip ones is that they help enhance the overall look of your house. Also, you can choose from a variety of options and pick one according to your needs and preferences.
You might be curious to learn more about LED and strip lights. So, let’s not waste any more time and dive deeper into the same.
What is a strip light?
A strip light is in the form of a circuit board in which LEDs are present. The circuit board is flexible, and you can fit the ribbon-like structure anywhere in your house.
Today, many people prefer this item in their homes as they are pretty adjustable. They are also wireless, which means that you can control them through the system or controllers. In some strip lights, there is an option to adjust the brightness. But you have to research a lot to get the type of product you need for your home. Let’s discuss more facts about strip lights-
The lighting source of this product is LEDs that are attached to the circuit board. These are available in different colors in the market. So, you can choose the perfect one of your choice. You will also find those that contain two or more lights in a single product. It depends on your needs what kind of product you want to have. If you consider some factors before purchasing strip lights, it will help you in decision-making.
If we talk about the size of the strip ones, they are compact and functional. You don’t have to fret about your small house because the dimensions are made by keeping the people’s preferences in mind. Also, note that you can hide them anywhere you want to. People often use them as ceiling lights. But it all depends on you whether you wish to place them in this manner or not.
The only thing you need to take care of is its maintenance. You should check the lights whenever you get time. It is essential to keep them away from water and other things that can destroy them. In this way, you will also feel at ease that you have made a good decision.
The brightness of the strip lights is pretty impressive. As we mentioned earlier, there are some products in which you can also adjust the brightness. The price of these items might be high, but it will be worth it. You need to consider extensive research if you are planning to get this lighting system; you have first to know whether it is a suitable product or not.
Place it anywhere you want to: There might already be a lot of spaces that you want to cover or add. With strip ones, you can quickly assemble them without any problems. An adhesive will be there to make the task easier.
Pros and cons of strip light-
- The brightness level is high.
- The assembling of the product is not a challenging task.
- It is durable and affordable.
- In the case of a 120-degree beam angle, installation becomes a problem.
- You can bend the whole ribbon-like structure vertically, not horizontally.
- It might be difficult for you to install the lighting system on your own. You might have to call an electrician for the same.
What is LED lighting?
LED stands for light-emitting diode. Nowadays, LEDs have become a significant part of people’s. As they are durable and affordable, most people purchase them for their homes.
Another great thing about LED lighting is that they provide bright and soothing white light. Some people face problems due to the poor quality light products. It is not the case with LEDs. They are simple, unique, and helpful for everyone. Maybe that is the reason why they are gaining a lot of attention from people globally.
LED lights are available in many options, such as bulbs, tube lights, panel lights, and more. It will be beneficial for you to choose these lighting systems for your home.
Pros and cons of LED lights
- The durability of LEDs attracts people the most. You will not get disappointed after investing in them as they last long. Many studies have proven the same thing. They are considered the best option for people who have a low budget.
- Energy conservation has become a serious thing to focus on these days. Natural resources are deteriorating with each passing year. So, you should pay attention to your actions. If you use LEDs in your home, your bill will be minimal. You will contribute to conserving the environment.
- You might have seen some lights produce a lot of heat when used for a long time. You won’t face this issue with LED ones, even if you use them for some time.
- You cannot use LEDs with dimmers for special lighting effects.
- If you keep the lights under the sun or heat for a long time, they might not work.
The Bottom Line
Both LEDs and strip lights are beneficial for your home. But it depends on your preferences to make a perfect decision. You can now easily pick the best option.